Hot Mustard Communications Ltd (referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
We help our clients to advertise and market their products and services, whether by print, mail, email or on websites. As a business, we are committed protecting the privacy of all individuals with whom we interact. We are committed to being transparent in our handling of personal information and processing personal information at all times in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Who do we collect your personal information from?
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you use our services
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information?
Except where required by law, we only use the personal information you provide for the following purposes:
- to market our services to you, including contacting you electronically, for example, by text or email for this purpose
- to deliver the specific information or services you have requested. For example, if you have requested further information on our services through our website
- to respond to communications from you, for example if you have submitted an enquiry or complaint through our website
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
We will only use the email address or phone number you provide to us to respond to that request. Without your express consent, we will not use your contact details for any other purpose.
How we store your personal information?
We are committed to ensuring your personal information is kept secure and confidential and not kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose they were processed. When your personal information is no longer necessary, it will be deleted.
Disclosing your personal information
We do not sell or rent any personal information about you to any third party.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group including The Sales App Centre and Diamond Media
- any business that supports our services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, disclosure or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
We may use the information generated by cookies to:
- track traffic patterns to, from and on our website,
- measure how you use our website so it can be updated and improved,
- help display advertising to the appropriate users, and
- provide you with services or offers which we believe are relevant to you